| Work, you know. |
工作的事 |
| Oh, I know. |
我知道 |
| Is he still with that Sandra? |
他还跟那个桑德拉在一起吗 |
| Who? Jakes? |
谁杰克斯吗 |
| Never mind. |
当我没说 |
| All out of Navy Cut, would you believe? |
切丝烟丝没了能相信吗 |
| Had to make do with Ribbon. |
只好买了烟带 |
| "Never mind" what? |
当你没说什么 |
| Work. |
工作 |
| If you must know, I was asking about work. |
如果你非要问我问他工作上的事来着 |
| Only he's the same as you. |
但他跟你一样 |
| Like trying to get blood out of a stone. |
简直像想从石头里挤出血来 |
| Quite right. |
这就对了 |
| Any case, I wouldn't have thought you'd time to sit gassing. |
再说你怎么还有闲心坐在这里闲聊 |
| You can walk from here, can't you? |
你不能从这里走去银行吗 |
| Save us going round the one-way. |
省得我们绕单行道了 |
| Right, well... |
好吧 |
| Thanks for half a lift. |
谢谢你送我一半路 |
| Uh-uh, nicely, please, if you want picking up. |
你可客气着点如果你还想我们来接你 |
| Morse. |
摩斯 |
| Anything in last night? |
昨晚有什么事吗 |
| A truck containing £10,000 worth of cigarettes |
一辆装载了价值一万镑的香烟的货车 |
| was stolen from outside a transport stop |
于昨天在宝特利路的 |
| on the Botley Road last night. |
一休息站外被盗 |
| We've been asked to be on the lookout. |
我们被要求注意该车辆 |
| Right, sir. |
是长官 |
| Anything else? |
还有吗 |
| Oh, actually, there was one other thing. |
其实还真有件事 |
| Morse's results came back from the range. |
摩斯的射击成绩出来了 |
| Sergeant's exams coming up, hasn't he? |
他的警长考试就要到了是吧 |
| Yes, sir. |
是长官 |
| Next week. |
就下周 |
| Won't count towards his mark, of course, |
当然了射击成绩是不会算进去的 |
| but the chief constable sets great store by such things. |
但警察局长很看重这些事 |
| No one come forward to claim him? |
没人来认领尸体吗 |
| Not yet. |
暂时还没有 |
| I've bagged his personal effects, |
我已收好了他的私人物品 |
| but I wouldn't get your hopes up. |
但别抱期望 |
| Just the usual: |
就是些平常的东西 |
| specs, smoker's bits and bobs, keys, wallet. |
眼镜烟什么的钥匙钱包 |
| Somebody saw the accident, did they? |
有人看到了车祸吗 |
| Heard. Why? |
是听到的怎么了 |
| Case like this, I'd normally expect to find |
这样的案件按说我会发现 |
| some injury to the lower limbs. |
下肢受伤 |
| Point of impact |
在撞击点处 |
| 完整版请点击 |
|
| where the body's come into contact with the vehicle. |
尸体跟车接触的地方 |
| Outside of the head injury, there's not a mark on him. |
但除了头部的伤他身上什么伤都没有 |
| Could've been a glancing blow, I suppose. |
也可能是侧击吧 |
| Tossed him into the air, |
把他撞飞了起来 |
| and the curb's done the rest. |
然后路牙子了结了他 |
| Uniform brought it in about an hour ago. |
巡警大概一小时前送来的 |
| In the next street to that hit and run. |
在肇事逃逸地点的隔壁街上 |
| Open. |
就在地上摆着 |
| Anything to say it's the victim's? |
能表明是死者的吗 |
| Just essays, unmarked, on the Trachiniae. |
只有关于《特拉奇尼埃》的未批改的论文 |
| It's a tragedy by Sophocles. |
是索福克勒斯写的悲剧 |
| I took it the owner of the case must be a Greats don, |
我猜公文包的主人肯定是文学人文老师 |
| so I rang around the colleges. |
所以我给各个学院打了 |
| The names on the essays match certain undergrads at Badeley College |
论文上的名字与贝德利学院的一些学生吻合 |
| being tutored by a Professor Coke Norris. |
他们的导师是科克·诺里斯教授 |
| Might be his bag, doesn't mean to say he's the victim. |
可能是他的公文包但死者未必是他 |
| There's no answer on his home number |
他的家庭电话没人接 |
| and according to the porter, |
而门房说 |
| he hasn't turned in for work this morning. |
他今早也没去上班 |
| What about the driver? |
那肇事司机呢 |
| The car that hit him must have been damaged. |
撞他的车肯定有所损坏 |
| Uniform are having a word with the local garages, |
巡警去找本地各个汽修店了 |
| but without a description of the vehicle involved? |
但如果不知道涉事车辆的任何信息 |
| All right, press on. |
好吧继续查 |
| Oh, the results came through from the range. |
你的射击成绩出来了 |
| Where did you learn to shoot like that? |
这么好的枪法在哪学的 |
| Army, I suppose. |
军队吧 |
| Thought you were in Signals. |
你不是通讯兵吗 |
| Mr. Bright's very keen, in any event. |
反正布莱特先生很高兴 |
| Asked after your sergeants' exam next week. |
还问起了你下周的警长考试 |
| I told him you were on top of your Fittons. |
我说你把考纲背得滚瓜烂熟了 |
| You are, aren't you? |
你是吧 |
| I think so. |
差不多吧 |
| Think? You'd better be. |
差不多你最好背熟了 |
| I don't want you treading water |
我可不希望你再在 |
| on General Duties another 12 months. |
普通警务浪费12个月的时间 |
| Morning, sir. |
早长官 |
| You're on this hit-and-run, aren't you? |
你在负责这宗肇事逃逸是吗 |
| Woman at the front desk, |
前台来了个女人 |
| come in to report her husband missing. |
报案说她丈夫失踪了 |
| A Mrs. Coke Norris. |
科克·诺里斯太太 |
| He was supposed to meet me, you see. |
他本该来接我的 |
| Where was this? |
在哪 |
| The station. |
车站 |
| I've been visiting our daughter. |
我去看我们女儿了 |
| Anyway, I waited and waited, but... |
反正我等了好久但... |
| Mrs. Coke Norris... |
科克·诺里斯太太 |
| He's always so very good like that. |
他一向守约的 |
| If he says he's going to be somewhere, |
他如果说会去什么地方 |
| then he invariably is. |
就一定会去 |
| Mrs. Coke Norris, |
科克·诺里斯太太 |
| I'm afraid to say I may have some |
我恐怕有 |
| very bad news for you. |
很糟糕的消息要告诉你 |
| Last night, I was called to attend a road accident. |
我昨晚被叫去接警一起交通事故 |
| We'll need you to make a formal identification, but... |
我们还需要您去正式认尸但是 |
| I have strong reason to believe |
我有强烈理由相信 |
| that the man who lost his life last night was your husband. |
昨晚丧生的男子就是您丈夫 |
| Is there someone that we can notify? |
需要我们通知谁吗 |
| Your daughter, perhaps? |
比如您女儿 |
| Six, five, four, |
六五四 |
| three, two, one! |
三二一 |
| Ready or not, here I come! |
不管你们准备好没我来了 |
| Alistair was a much-valued colleague, |
阿利斯特是位备受尊敬的同事 |
| held in great affection by all who knew him. |
所有认识他的人都很喜欢他 |
| Mrs. Coke Norris gave me to understand |
科克·诺里斯太太告诉我 |
| that he was due to attend a meeting here yesterday evening. |
他昨晚本该来这里参加一场会议 |
| Yes. Yes, indeed. |
是的 |
| You weren't concerned when he didn't arrive? |
他没来时您就不担心吗 |
| No. |
不 |
| I mean, it was just... |
其实就是 |
| College business. |
学院事务 |
| General housekeeping. |
一般的校务问题 |
| How's she taken it? |
她接受得怎么样 |
| As well as to be expected. |
也就是那样吧 |
| Were they married long, do you know? |
他们结婚很久了吗 |
| 20 years or so. |
20年了吧 |
网友评论