| See what I'm talking about? Boss lady hates me. |
你也看到了吧老大讨厌我 |
| No, just your speech. |
不她只讨厌你的讲稿 |
| Thanks. |
真谢谢你 |
| Look, it's too equivocal. She's no-BS. |
太模棱两可了不是她风格 |
| And what? I'm pro-BS? |
所以呢就是我风格吗 |
| Okay, can I tell you something, as a friend? |
好吧我能作为朋友奉劝你一句吗 |
| Well, that's a slightly complicated question. |
这问题可有点复杂哦 |
| All this wheedling and whining -- it's not cute. |
你这样牢骚不停可不讨喜 |
| Thanks, friend. |
谢谢你了朋友 |
| Now, why don't you tell me something... |
那作为超越朋友关系的你... |
| as more than a friend? |
又会对我说什么 |
| Okay. |
好啊 |
| Man up, dude. |
男人点吧兄弟 |
| Oh, I'm a man. |
我很男人的 |
| I'm a no-BS man. |
我是个不会废话的男人 |
| Full of substance. |
只说有意义的事 |
| Yeah. |
没错 |
| That sounded weird. |
这话听起来真别扭 |
| Wait, so he's here? |
等等他已经来了吗 |
| The priest? |
那个牧师 |
| Yeah, Laurent Adisa. |
是的洛朗·阿迪萨 |
| My social justice professor from divinity school. |
我上神学院时的社会司法老师 |
| Oh, that's right. |
对哦 |
| The guy who gave you a "B." |
给你"良"的那人 |
| I thought we were having dinner Saturday night. |
我以为我们是周六晚上吃饭 |
| His schedule changed. |
他的日程改了 |
| And, for the record, it was my only "B." |
而且我先声明我只得过那一次"良" |
| Ever. |
从小到大 |
| Do you know what, great, |
你猜怎么着真好 |
| because I'm exhausted, as one often is on a Tuesday night. |
我累坏了周二晚上谁不累啊 |
| So I can go up and lay down, |
所以我要上楼躺着 |
| and you guys can re-litigate the "B." |
你们去"良事重提"吧 |
| Babe, just come on. |
亲爱的拜托了 |
| You texted, like, ten times today, you never said anything. |
你今天发了有十条短信却一字没提 |
| It was a last-minute thing. |
临时安排的 |
| Fine, I'll say hello. |
好吧我去打个招呼 |
| But, for the record, acting very weird. |
但我要说你举止好奇怪 |
| Hello, everybody. |
你们好各位 |
| Hi, Mom. |
妈妈 |
| Madam Secretary. |
国务卿女士 |
| Father Adisa, really nice surprise. Please call me Elizabeth. |
阿迪萨神父幸会叫我伊丽莎白就好 |
| Well, if you call me Laurent. |
除非你也叫我洛朗 |
| Okay. If memory serves... |
好没记错的话 |
| ...you were Henry's |
你是亨利 |
| favorite professor, and also the only one |
最喜欢的教授同时还是唯一一位 |
| 完整版请点击 |
|
| that ever gave him a "B." |
给过他"良"的教授 |
| Whoa. Whoa, whoa. Dad got a "B"? |
老爸还得过"良"呢 |
| Unbelievable. |
难以置信 |
| In defense of your father, |
我得为你父亲说句话 |
| he was a very brilliant student, |
他是才华横溢的学生 |
| but he was, uh...rather distracted |
但他当时被容光焕发的妻子 |
| by uh, a radiant wife and a brand-new baby. |
和新生的宝宝分了不少心 |
| Well, if by "radiant," |
你说的"容光焕发" |
| you mean sleepless and hostile... |
要是指失眠和待人如仇敌倒没错 |
| I didn't realize you'd been radiant for so long, Mom. |
没想到你都"容光焕发"这么久了妈 |
| - Ooh, snap. - Okay. |
-够啦-好啦 |
| - That was a good one. - Come on, wise guys, beat it. |
-这句接得好-好了各个小聪明走吧 |
| Grown-ups need to talk. |
大人们要谈话了 |
| Come on, nerds. |
走吧呆子 |
| So, Father, uh, Laurent... |
那么神父... 我是说洛朗 |
| ...what brings you to, uh...to D.C.? |
什么风把你吹到这儿来了 |
| Well, I'm here speaking on behalf of my charities |
我是代表我的慈善机构 |
| and some of the churches in the area. |
和那块的一些教堂来的 |
| But, um... |
不过 |
| I must confess that I didn't just come here |
我得承认我来不只是为了 |
| to uh, have a meal with your charming family. |
跟你们温馨的一家吃顿饭而已 |
| Yes, I'm beginning to get that. |
我大概懂了 |
| I was wondering if you had heard about the events of my country, |
你最近是否听说过我国西非共和国 |
| uh, the Republic of West Africa. |
发生的事件 |
| I'm-I'm aware of the coup that happened six months ago. |
我知道六个月前发生了政变 |
| I'm also aware that the ruling Junta have begun |
我也知道军政府已经开始 |
| curtailing women's rights, |
削弱女权 |
| and they're closing any schools that they feel |
并且关闭了任何他们觉得受到了 |
| are tainted by Western-style education. |
西式教育污染的学校 |
| Apparently, that's just the opening act. |
据说这还只是序幕 |
| The Junta has begun a campaign |
军政府已经开始了一场 |
| of ethnic slaughter against the Beko people. |
对贝科人民的种族大屠杀 |
| Wait. That I've not heard. |
等等这我还没有听说过 |
| Well, they're-they're ramping up to enter into the Beko heartland |
他们准备进入贝科腹地 |
| and clean out the city of St. Juste |
在数日之内将对德圣茹斯特 |
| in a matter of days. |
进行屠城 |
| I... |
我... |
| Thank you for bringing this to my attention. |
谢谢你跟我提起这件事 |
| And I will get a full briefing on it tomorrow. |
明天我就让他们给我一份完整的情况报告 |
| If-if you will indulge me. |
如果可以的话 |
| That is my niece, Komoyo, |
这是我侄女科穆瑶 |
| and her children, Esther and Simon. |
还有她的孩子们埃丝特和西蒙 |
| Well, Komoyo called me yesterday, |
科穆瑶昨天打了电话给我 |
| and, uh, she said the soldiers had entered her village. |
她说士兵已经进入了村庄 |
| And now they are on the run. |
他们正在逃亡 |
| Laurent, I'm very sorry. |
洛朗我深表遗憾 |
| It is I who must apologize for abusing your hospitality. |
应当是我为利用了你们的盛情款待而道歉 |
| No, no, no, no... |
不不不... |
| But uh, I just want you to understand |
但我希望你明白 |
| that I did not show you this photograph |
我给你看这张照片 |
| so that my family could get special treatment. |
并不是希望我的家人能受到特别待遇 |
| The truth is that you have the power |
事实是你有权力 |
| to answer the desperate prayers |
来响应我们国家 |
| of thousands of my people. |
上千名绝望的人的祈祷 |
| Excuse me. |
抱歉 |
| My phone just never stop ringing. |
我的手机总是响个不停 |
网友评论